What are Cookies?
The primary purpose of Cookies is to provide the user with faster access to the selected services. In addition, Cookies personalize the services they offer on the Web by making it easier for each user to provide information that is of interest to them or that may be of interest to them in relation to their use of their services. A Cookie is any type of file or device that is downloaded to any user equipment for the purpose of storing data that may be updated and retrieved by the entity responsible for its installation.
Types of Cookies
According to the entity that manages them:
- Own cookies: those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the publisher itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by another entity that handles the data obtained through Cookies.
According to the period of time they remain active:
- Session cookies: These are a type of cookies designed to collect and store data while the user visits a web page. They are often used to store information that is of interest only for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (for example, a list of purchased products).
- Persistent Cookies: These are a type of cookies in which the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed during the period defined by the Cookie manager, which can go from minutes to several years.
According to its purpose:
- Technical Cookies: are those that allow the user to navigate through a Web page, platform or application and the use of different options or services that exist there, such as controlling traffic and data communication, identify the session, access to restricted access parties, to remember the elements that make the request, to carry out the process of buying an order, to apply for registration or participation in an event, to use safety features during navigation, to store contents for the broadcast of videos or sound or share content through social networks.
- Personalization Cookies: These are the ones that allow the user to access the service with some general characteristics predefined according to a series of criteria in the user’s equipment such as the language, the type of browser through which to access the service, the regional configuration from which you access the service, etc.
- Analysis Cookies: are those that allow the person responsible for the same to track and analyze the behavior of users of the websites to which they are linked. The information gathered through this type of cookies is used in the measurement of the activity of the website, application or platform and for the elaboration of navigation profiles of the users of the website, application and platform, with the purpose to introduce improvements in function of the analysis of the users of the service.
- Advertising Cookies: those that allow the management, in the most effective way possible, of advertising spaces that, in your case, the publisher has included in a Web page, application or platform from which it provides the requested service based on criteria such as content edited or the frequency at which the ads are displayed.
- Behavioral advertising cookies are those that allow the management, in the most effective way possible, of advertising spaces that, in your case, the publisher has included in a web page, application or platform from which it provides the requested service. These cookies store information on the behavior of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows to develop a specific profile to show advertising in function of it.
You may at any time choose which cookies to work on this website by:
- the browser configuration, for example:
To deactivate or eliminate a Cookie
As with many other services, Google Analytics employs Source Cookies to track user interactions on a web page. Google clearly explains what your Analytics Cookie data is for here and how they can be disabled by installing an add-on in the most common browsers here.
Torneiras Roriz S.A.